It might be really frustrating when all of a sudden your air conditioning unit fails to function during hot climatic conditions. There are some certain problems that are quite common in almost all types of AC units. Before deciding to get in touch with an AC technician, it is important for everyone to be aware of the most common issues associated with air con systems.
Here are some of the most common problems of AC units that occur frequently:
1. Cooling Issues: If your air conditioning unit does not produce cool air into the room even when you adjust the thermostat at an extreme cooling level, there might be leakage or loss of Freon refrigerant. This problem can only be fixed by a technician who will check for any leak or recharge the system with refrigerant.
2. Frozen Coil: Sometimes the coil gets frozen due to insufficient Freon or dirty air filters. An AC technician can rectify this problem by cleaning the air filters or by refilling the refrigerant.
3. Faulty Wiring: A bad wiring of an air conditioning system can be highly dangerous for the occupants. Due to this problem, the AC unit struggles to get power and a faulty wiring can trip the circuit breaker any time.
4. Ice Build-Up: When the air filters are blocked with extreme dust or pollutants, the airflow gets obstructed which in turn makes the pipe frozen as ice tends to build up on the evaporator coil. It may take few hours to rectify this problem.
5. Leakage: When there is a refrigerant leakage, the air conditioning unit also leaks. This issue can be fixed only by a technical expert.
6. Fan not working: The outer fan plays a major role in circulating cool air into your home and when it is not working, the compressor gets overheated and causes internal damage.
7. Insufficient maintenance: When there is irregular servicing and maintenance of your AC unit, the air filters and the inner components gets clogged up with pollutants, debris and dust which makes the system malfunction.
Most of the problems with AC units occur due to non-maintenance and the best way to keep the machine running trouble free is to do a regular inspection and servicing with the help of a qualified HVAC technician at least once in six months.